Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yarn Wrapped Wreath

I made this yarn- wrapped wreath this weekend. Not sure why, but I was in a Spring kind of mood.

To make your own, you'll need:
Plasti-foam ring (I got one on sale for $6 at Joann's.)
Yarn
Felt
Hot glue gun.

Tie one end of the yarn to the ring. You want to use a really long piece of yarn, but be careful because it tangles easily. Don't leave the yarn attached to the ball it comes neatly wrapped in, or you'll have a big 'ol mess.

Wrap the yarn around and around, pulling it taught. When one piece of yarn ended, I dabbed a bead of hot glue on the ring to keep the yarn in place. Don't place the very end of the yarn in the glue because you'll need it to tie the new piece of yarn onto it. You'll only need about an inch of yarn hanging off.


Keep wrapping yarn around the ring until it looks like this. I made some flowers out of scrap felt and glued them onto the wreath. Click HERE for a great tutorial on how to make flowers. The tute is for paper flowers, but it makes great felt ones too.

Voila! It took about and hour and a half to make this wreath. The longest part was wrapping the yarn around the ring and untangling any messes that happen with it. I think I'll save this one for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment