Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cozy Comfortable

I had originally intended to glue these yarn balls on a wreath, but I think I'm beginning to get a little "wreath-ed out." (Is that even possible?) I'm glad I decided to place them in this glass container. They give my mantle a sort of cozy, comfortable feel.

styrofoam or foam balls (another Joann's steal!)
yarn
glue gun
container of your choice (wouldn't these yarn balls look amazing in Apothecary Jars?!)

Begin by dotting some hot glue onto your foam ball. Place the yarn on top.

Then, you're simply going to wrap the yarn around the ball several times, always intersecting the glue dot.

Continue wrapping and adding dots of glue until you can no longer see any of the foam ball underneath.

Place the yarn balls in the container of your choice. My mantle is ready for Fall. Now if only the weather will take a cue!

No comments:

Post a Comment