Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fabric Covered Magnetic Corkboard

I made this board this weekend out of scraps I had laying around the house and a magnetic corkboard I scored at Joann's for $6!


Cork Board (mine is magnetic, obviously yours doesn't have to be!)
funky fabric (I used upholstery fabric)
Staple gun, glue gun, or fabric glue (choose one of the three)
Optional: felt, fabric, buttons, etc. to make flowers or whatever!

Once I placed my board on the fabric, I cut the fabric so that it was a few inches longer than my board on all sides. I then folded one side of fabric down and attempted to staple it. My staple gun jammed, but thankfully I had some fabric glue on hand! I ran a thin bead of glue all around the frame and pressed the fabric down.

This is what the back looks like.

I added some fabric flowers made from felt and embellished with pearls.

I posted a picture of my husband and me from our wedding and my first Mother's Day card from Anthropologie. I'll either hang this board in my bedroom along with weekly Scripture to memorize or some prayer requests tacked onto it, or it'll go in my soon- to- be craft room to post inspiration for future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment