Sunday, October 30, 2011

Framed Jewelry Display

I've seen so many cute Framed Jewelry Hangers on Pinterest lately and I've been dying to make one!


I rescued this mirrored picture frame with hooks from a friend's trash pile about a month ago, and have been waiting patiently for the right project. It didn't dawn on me to make it into a place to display my jewelry until I saw THIS artist at the Fort Worth Indie Craft Bazaar. I was immediately struck with inspiration!

I wasn't crazy about the original color, so I spray-painted it red instead.

I bought some burlap ($2 for half a yard at Hobby Lobby) and used the glass that came with the frame as a guide to cut it. Then I stapled the cut burlap to the back of the frame.

I'm really happy with the end result. Now my jewelry has a home where it is proudly displayed, instead of being hidden in my closet. The best part is that this project cost me a whopping $2 to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment