Monday, February 6, 2012

Makin' Banana Pancakes Pretend Like It's the Weekend (Or February Photo A Day, Dinner)

We had a friend over Friday night and made him Blueberry and Banana Nut Pancakes. Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day, and I take full advantage of every opportunity to have it for dinner. My husband found the best recipe for homemade pancakes a few years back, causing me to throw my Pancake Mix box in the trash and never look back.

Diner Style Pancakes Recipe:

First, mix your dry ingredients together:
1.5 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar

Then, mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl:
2 eggs
1 and 1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla (I was out of vanilla Friday night, so I substituted a dash of cinnamon)
Beat together until foamy (about 3 mins) You can use a blender for this part.
Then add 3 tablespoons melted butter.

Then, incorporate your dry mix into your wet mix. If your batter looks a little thin, you did everything right. These pancakes turn out a little thinner than other recipes, but I think they are so much better! If your batter is not thin, it's ok, they will still taste great, but you can add a little milk to thin them out if you like.

Let the batter rest a little (It's been working hard!) You can even set it in the fridge overnight and have less work to do in the morning.

Pour batter onto hot skillet and add fruit (if that's your thing!) I wait to flip the pancake until I see a few bubbles begin to pop on the surface.

What are you waiting for?! Go make some pancakes for dinner!

2 comments:

  1. If I could make (good) pancakes for dinner, I would! I love breakfast any time of day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr to gluten intolerance! There should be a good recipe out there for gf pancakes. You should invent one!

    ReplyDelete