Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cake in a Mug

I got home from Zumba last night and was craving something sweet big time! Apparently flailing your arms and legs around for 45 minutes creates quite the appetite. We didn't have anything sweet on hand, but then I remembered seeing a recipe online for Cake in a Mug.

I thought it was too good to be true. How could anything one throws together and microwaves for 3 minutes actually taste good? Well, it was... pretty good. Not awesome, but pretty good. It would have been awesome had I any cream to make whipped cream. Or icecream. Or caramel syrup. Or... okay I have to stop because I'm making myself hungry again! If you want the recipe, you can click here.

I did a few things different. First, I used actual cake flour (not sure if this made it better or not because I have no other microwave cake recipes to compare.) Also, I used half oil, half applesauce instead of all oil. I usually make this substitution so that at least I'm "trying" to be healthy.

So, will I make this again? Maybe. But only in a pinch, when I'm craving something sweet and there's nothing else in the house. Otherwise, I'll be making a drive to Sonic.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at "flailing your arms around for 45 minutes." That's exactly how I feel doing ANY sort of aerobic/cardio/dance/movement.

    anyway, this looks magnificent, because I hate baking (gasp, a blogger who can't cook...) and it's just the right size...because if I have a whole cake, I'll eat the whole cake. Thanks for sharing!!!

    -Patricia
    two-homes-one-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope you try it soon! Thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete