Saturday, February 18, 2012

February Photo-A-Day: Hearts and a Tutorial

I made this cute heart garland in honor of Valentines Day. Garlands are so cute and easy, you can make one for every holiday. I plan on starting an Easter Garland next, and I'm really excited about it! I thought I'd post a tute so you can make your own, even though it's so easy to make, you can probably figure it out!

To make a heart garland, you'll need the following materials:
Felt
Yarn

You'll need the following tools:
Good scissors
A larger than normal needle

Begin by cutting out tons of hearts, or whatever shape you'd like. St. Patrick's Day is coming up, so maybe you could cut out shamrocks!


Use your needle and yarn to thread your shapes together. I tied a knot after each heart. I highly suggest doing that!

Make your garland however long you'd like. I made mine super duper long, and hung it on our mantle. Our Valentines Day was low key (just the way we like it), but at least our house looked festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment