Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chalkboard Wreath

I made this Chalkboard Wreath tonight.

I used a wooden plaque that I spray painted with chalkboard paint a while back.

Some other supplies I used:
Styrofoam ring
Half a yard of muslin (my wreath was smallish)
Felt

Here's what you'll need to do to make your own Chalkboard Wreath:


First, make yourself a big ol' mug of Godiva hot chocolate.

Now you're ready to cut your muslin into strips. This would be a great project to use up any extra scraps of material you have. Burlap. Linen. Whatevs.

Wrap your strips of fabric around your ring. Dot hot glue to keep it in place.

Glue your chalkboard plaque to the front of your wreath. The front of your wreath, people. Not the back. ;)

Make some cute felt flowers. Add some buttons or pearls.

Attach felt flowers! This would be a super cute wreath to make for the teacher friend in your life.
I love the versatility of it. I can't wait to write all the quirky messages that I'm sure will pop into my brain!

Tip  Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I was looking for something to do with the wreath for I have in my cupboard. I think this would be a great spring wreath to put on my door.

    ReplyDelete