Monday, January 23, 2012

And the Greatest of These Is...

When we moved into our house a few years ago, I found a boat load of frames that the previous owner left behind. Since then I've been having fun finding ways to use them! I spray painted one of the frames grey (I've been stuck on this color for a while now) and used some heat transfer vinyl to make this Scripture quote. After I painted the frame, I took a rough sponge and scuffed up some random places to give it a worn look. The background is leftover muslin from my Chalkboard Wreath.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to design it. For FAITH, I picked the Anderson Four Feather font (say that five times fast). I used Capitals for HOPE, and for LOVE, I picked the font, Rio Grande. When using heat transfer vinyl, you're supposed to flip the image backwards before cutting. I didn't picture this step because I almost forgot to do this! I would have been one mad chica!

I ironed the muslin.

Then, after the vinyl was cut, I positioned it on the muslin where I wanted it.

I ironed the vinyl onto the muslin. This part was tricky. Heat Transfer Vinyl has not been my friend. It's kind of tricky to work with and has been known to make one think mean thoughts.

I cut the muslin to fit the size of my frame.

And, voila! I'm pretty sure this is my favorite project yet. Faith, hope, love. And the greatest? You guessed it. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment