Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Cheesy Shepherds Pie


Actually, the way I used to make it was easy. I've since adapted the recipe to make it a bit tastier and preservative-free. The Easy Version involves using the refrigerated tub mashed potatoes. I did make it this way a few times, but I don't think the potatoes tasted as good as homemade. Also, the refrigerated tub mashed potatoes have preservatives that I'm not totally cool with anymore.

So, if you're going for the Quick and Easy Version, skip the steps involving actually making the mashed potatoes.

Here are the ingredients you will need:

1 lb. ground beef
One-third cup ketchup (or catsup if you're fancy)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
8 oz. frozen bag mixed veggies
1 oz. cheddar cheese
*1 tub refrigerated mashed potatoes- OR-
3 medium size potatoes
cream (or milk) to taste
butter (to taste)
sea salt (to taste)









We ate this last night, and there were barely enough leftovers for lunch today! Enjoy, and let me know how it turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment