Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Anyone Else Ready for Fall? (Or: How to Make an Inexpensive Fall Wreath)

These 100+ temperatures we've been having here in TX this summer are making me long for Fall. I'm ready for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, pretty scarves, cozy sweaters, and long cool walks in the park! Maybe that's why I got a hankering to make this pretty fall-inspired wreath. I think I feel that if I hang something that reminds me of my absolute favorite season on my door, it'll hurry up and get here! I've seen so many of these cute DIY wreaths around lately, and I've been dying to make one!

I had a 40% off coupon to Joann's, so I used it to buy this 12" grapevine wreath. The fabric flowers are made from scraps of fabric that I scored from my last trip to Ikea. I tore the fabric into one inch wide strips and made fabric flowers. (
If you're looking for an easy fabric flower tutorial, click here.) Then, I hot-glued them onto the wreath. Does not get any easier than that. In all, this craft cost me $2.

Let's recap:
Grapevine Wreath- $2
Fabric- $0

Total- $2
That's right people, Two. Dollars.



No comments:

Post a Comment