Friday, September 9, 2011

Cinnamon, and other natural remedies

I was horrified the other morning to walk into my son's room and find ants crawling all over the floor! Not wanting to spray pesticides near any place that he plays, I got online to research natural remedies for getting rid of ants. Well, it turns out that cinnamon is a natural ant-deterrent! I found the point of entry in Gibson's room where the ants were invading, which was a crack in the threshold. I sprinkled the cinnamon along the crack, and the next morning, there were absolutely no ants in his room! The best part is that I didn't have to worry about Gibson touching or licking the cinnamon because it's completely harmless.

I'm filing this remedy away along with one of my other favorite natural remedies: honey. Did you know that honey is a natural anti-septic? I rub a little bit on every cut or scrape I get, and my boo boo's heal in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment