Monday, November 14, 2011

DIY vintage-inspired framed chalkboard

I've been working on this framed chalkboard for about a month now.

This is what it looked like when I bought it at a yard sale for $5. Yep. $5.


I took it apart and spray painted the "picture" with chalkboard spray paint.

Then I spray painted the frame periwinkle.

I glued the board to the inside of the frame. Because the board is warped, the glue didn't really hold too well, but the board seems to be staying in fine. So far.

I used the chalkboard as a prop in our Christmas card. Hence the Merry Christmas message.


Christmas cards are very hard to orchestrate when you have an active 13 month old. It was more like a fiasco. A very fun and festive fiasco.

Don't forget to enter my Sofia the Owl Onesie giveaway! You only have until Wednesday. Click HERE.

Tip  Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. CUTE idea! Very smart! New follower and thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete